Hiring a professional organizer is like choosing a doctor. You need to mesh and feel comfortable with them. This is someone that you are going to get personal with. Think about it. If you need to organize your home office, your organizer will ask you personal questions about your finances and medical paperwork. If you want to focus on organizing your closet, you are going to delve deep into your size and style.
In the new book “Get Organized Today” Natasha Packer from As You Wish, lists questions you should ask a prospective organizer:
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of clients do you mostly serve and what do you do for them?
- What training of background do you have?
- Are you insured and bonded?
- What do you feel is your greatest strength as an organizer?
- Will you be the only one coming to assist me or will you send or bring someone else?
- Do you provide ongoing organizing support?
Interview a few people to find the right match for you. It will be a reward relationship you create!
Purchase the new book Get Organized Today.