Here are some fun clutter stats from iolo.com
- The average American adult has 1,800 digital files, according to the Consumer Electronics Association, making searching them quite a task.
- Executives waste six weeks each year looking for lost items and information, according to a study published in the Wall Street Journal, adding up for huge corporate operating losses.
- Americans waste nine million hours per day searching for misplaced items. On average, people spend a year of our lives looking for lost items, according to the National Association of Professional Organizers. Imagine the things you could do if cleaning up your computer saved some of those hours!
- In 2007 alone more than 40 million computers were dumped, up from 20 million in 1998. On average, each computer lasted only 30 months, that short life span often attributed to the need for larger hard drive. Save yourself the money and the environment the damage by freeing up space on your old hard drive.
- One of the most often-cited PC frustrations is a computer that runs slow – speed up your machine by cleaning it out.
We will continue on Monday with some great tips for cleaning out your computer. Join us.