I popped the shelves out and gave them a good scrubbing.
I got a little to focused on my project and forgot to take any photos of the actual painting, but here are the tools I used to clean and paint.
To decorate the space, I used two kinds of ribbon that I wove through the wire shelves – trying to make something very utilitarian beautiful. I am not sure how this will hold up with the ware and tear our pantry gets, but it wasn’t expensive, so worth a try.
What a difference! I love the surprise of color in the space now. I am so glad I decided to use glass jars, so we will still be able to see a lot of the color.
Follow along one more week for the final photos of the filled pantry.