I learned a lot about creating a worker friendly environment from Tony Hsieh’s book “Delivering Happiness”. As the CEO of “Zappos” Tony writes about how the founders created a positive customer experience and how that turned into creating a positive employee experience.
Zappos leadership asked the employees to define the company’s core values, which are now used in performance evaluations and hiring new employees. Here is the impressive list of their core values.
Zappos 10 Core Values
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and a Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minder
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
- Build a Positive team and Family Spirit
- Do More with Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
This got me thinking how I can create a more positive organizing experience for my clients and employees. Thanks Tony for making me think.