Sometimes I feel as though I have a small bit of OCD. I think it is helpful to stay organized. The repetition seen in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, on a small-scale is putting things in their place. If you continually put things away you are probably organized and maybe have a bit of OCD. It is a bit compulsive to feel the need to do something every time, but that also is a definition of being organized.
If your life is in disarray maybe you need a little OCD too.
- Put everything in this place. This is the be-all and end-all rule.
- Create routines. Follow them to stay organized.
- Clean as you go. Never have to do a big overhaul again.
- Put all information in one place. Have only one place to look.
- Put it away now. If it will take less than 10 seconds do it.
- Use one in box. Put everything in it.
- Create a filing system. Every piece of paper you keep lives here.
- Use a calendar. This is the best way to organize your time.
- Create a landing strip. Locate everything you need when you are walking out the door.
- Make it simple. The easier the more likely you’ll have success.