Everyone has stuff in their home that they don’t use or love anymore. We all outgrow things. But your trash is someone else’s treasure, so donate it!
1.Would you like to share your love of reading with others? The International Book Project takes books in great condition for literary programs around the world.
2. Are you no longer working in the “suit-a-day” world? Dress for Success collects women’s professional clothing and distributed it to disadvantaged women to wear for job interviews and new employment.
3. How about that old recliner or dresser that is taking up space? The National Furniture Bank Association collects good used furniture for local organizations, including shelters and disaster-relief organizations.
4. How about those extra bags of pasta or the inventory of shampoo that you bought but don’t like? Homeless Shelters take non-perishable food and personal-care items for people in need.
5. Where will you take those jeans that don’t fit anymore? The Vietnam Veteran Association will pick up clothing and household goods to sell in their thrift stores with the majority of the proceeds going to veterans and their families.
6. I bet you have an old computer, printer or VCR. The National Cristina Foundation accepts used computer equipment to donate to local nonprofit organization or schools.
There are so many outlets for the items that are no longer treasures to you. Send them on their way to find someone who will love them again.