Is the speed of your life set on fast? Is everything you do at this pace? Do you work fast, eat fast, talk fast, walk fast? Are you looking for a way to sleep fast?
Is life “zooming by” for you? Do you want it to?
Speed, combined with the tendency to multitask, will rob you of precious time and memories. It can affect your health and quality of life.
Here are five things you can do to regain control.
- Plan more and do less. Get the important things done, then everything else is cake.
- Don’t multitask. Doing one thing at a time, at 100% will actually make you more efficient.
- Savor the moment. Enjoy whatever it is that you are doing, when you are doing it.
- Take over the controls. Don’t let others affect your desire to slow down.
- Don’t focus all your attention on the future. Live in the present.