Food prep takes a long time – a big chuck out of your day. No wonder we are so inclined to go out for dinner, instead of staying home. Here are some tips to help you save time in the kitchen while still providing a home cooked meal.
- Double the amount you cook and freeze half of it to make a second meal.
- Cook dinners in a crock pot so the vegetables and meat cook while you’re at work.
- Plan meals a week ahead of time and include the necessary items on your shopping list.
- Use foil when ever possible to speed up cleaning afterwards.
- If you use plastic containers for leftovers, consider having only one size to eliminate having to match tops with bottoms.
- Arrange all the tools and ingredients on the counter before beginning to cook to save time on meal prep.
- Use transparent containers for leftovers so you can see what you have in the refrigerator.
- Keep similar types of foods in certain areas, so it’s easy to locate everything.
By working more efficiently you will save small amounts of time. But those minutes really add up when combined to achieve your goal of sitting down to a family dinner.
Do you have any kitchen time management tips that you’d like to share?