I have a small collection of glass vases. You know that kind that you get filled with delivered flowers. they are nice, but not as nice as the few crystal vases that I own. I never want to just toss them, so usually I donate them. But every once in a while I want to keep them. How about you? Do you do the same?
Here are 10 ideas to re-purpose those glass vases.
- Use a vase outside to house a fat candle. The glass will prevent the flame from being blown out by the wind.
- Collect coins inside a vase. Place it near the front door and encourage everyone to toss their space change inside when they enter the house.
- Serve a summer salad in a vase. You’ll make a beautiful presentation by layering a salad in a glass vessel.
- Use a vase as an ice bucket or to keep a bottle of wine cold for a party.
- Place a vase on your bathroom vanity to store jewelry or makeup inside.
- Replace your utensil crock near your stove with a vase for a modern look.
- Re-purpose a collection of vases on your desk to hold office supplies like pencils and pens, paperclips, or rubber bands.
- Display a collection by filling a vase with marbles, seashells, or whatever you love and want to show off.
- Decorate for the holidays by displaying jelly beans in the Spring and Christmas tree ornaments in the winter in a glass vessel.
- Offer healthy nibbling by placing fresh fruit in a vase and leaving it on your kitchen counter.