I love to organize and know the benefits I reap from the exercise. If you are not the same, focus on the benefits of those unlikable tasks to get them done.
10 Reasons to Love Organizing
- Gain energy. Clutter isn’t just ugly, it’s exhausting. It’s just a reminder of things to do. Eliminate the tension by cleaning up the clutter.
- Improve safety. You’ll feel better knowing that your house is cleared of clutter that could cause a fall or other injury.
- Start your day happy. You’ll feel in control if you can start your day by getting dressed from a clutter-free closet and dresser.
- Gain more time. By knowing where things are you won’t waste time looking for items.
- Appreciate what you have. I often quote Peter Walsh to my clients, by saying “When everything is important, nothing is important.” Only keep items that means a great deal to you.
- Do less later. Cleaning your home usually starts with decluttering. By being proactive you eliminate that first step in cleaning.
- Enjoy more light. Cleaning the windows and lamp shades can give you a new outlook on your space.
- Get some exercise. Decluttering and organizing is hard work. Burn some calories by clearing some space.
- Be “company ready”. Eliminating clutter will go a long way to making your space ready to visitors.
- Take a tax deduction. Take your unwanted items to a charity and take a deduction on your taxes.