By Basic Organization team member Tracy Wells
Today I would like to offer two solutions for organizing greeting cards. Have you ever thought about buying your greeting cards all at once? My mother still buys her cards for each person as the occasion arises , but I’m a very busy mom and I need to save time. That is why I take a trip to my local greeting card and dollar store every year to stock pile my cards. Believe me, this makes it almost impossible to forget someones special occasion.
- Purchase 6-2 pocket folders
- Label each folder for 2 months. Label each interior pocket too. For example: “Sept-Oct”.
- Place cards in appropriate pocket/folder.
*tip: If you want to you may go ahead and address and stamp the cards with a “forever stamp”.
- Purchase a clear plastic box container deep enough for cards.
- Label file cards according to the occasion. For example: “Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary
- Place cards in appropriate category
*tip: After special occasions (like Christmas) you can mass purchase cards at 1/2 the price.
As a mom, my children often get invited to parties. I make sure to stock up with extra birthday cards and presents whenever I see a great clearance.