By Basic Organization team member Tracy Wells
After the birth of my first child I decided to make a recipe binder that I could pass on to my children. It contains generations of family recipes along with ones I received from friends and clipped from magazines. It’s great because now I have all of my recipes in one place which makes finding a recipe easy.
Here is how I did it and you can do it too!
- Purchase a 3″ inch hard cover ring binder – the kind children use for school.
- Purchase a number tab organizer for the binder. For example: 1-15.
- Make categories and write them in the index part of the number tab organizer (this would be the first page) Categories would be: Appetizer, dessert, casserole, etc…
- Purchase 3 hole plastic sleeves to hold your recipes. I took standard construction paper and glued as many recipes on each sheet according to the category.
- Place the paper with the recipes inside the plastic sleeves.
- Put the plastic sleeve with the recipe in the correct category.
Now you have a family recipe book!
Another option that would work is to purchase a large photo album with 4×6 plastic sleeves. Place a 4×6 recipe card into each 4×6 slot. Add sticky tabs to divide into categories.