What gets scheduled usually gets done.
What gets postponed usually gets abandoned.
Here are six suggestions to consider when scheduling appointments and activities.
- Place deadlines on all appointments and meetings. If you call an open-ended meeting, how will you (or anyone else) be able to judge when it will come to a conclusion.
- Make appointments back to back. It’s easier to stick to a deadline when another person is waiting.
- Schedule a definite time period to work on a task for yourself. Making an appointment with yourself will guarantee that you will progress on your projects.
- Always schedule tasks to be completed ahead of the deadline date. This allows for any unseen problems or emergencies.
- When scheduling time for a task, always allow more time than you think it will take. This will provide time to accommodate those interruptions that invariably occur when engrossed in a task.
- Schedule your goal-related activities, as well as appointments, directly into your planner. Doing this will help keep you focused on your goals.