You have made it to the end of your year of organization. How do you feel about your home? Do you have more order and less chaos? Maintaining your order is all about daily maintenance. Do something everyday to keep the order or focus on one small space to organize at a time.
- Pick a drawer, cabinet or shelf and reorganize it.
- Clear off the kitchen counter as soon as it gets cluttered.
- Spend 10 minutes a day walking through your home, putting items back where they belong.
- Find homes for items you gather that don’t have homes.
- Fill a box with donations once a month.
- Clean up after working on a project.
- Use your trash can and recycling bin often.
- Maintain a paper flow system.
- Sort and open you mail as soon as you get it.
- Get the family involved. Teach your kids that they are responsible for keeping their possessions organized.
You are off to an organized new year! Good luck in 2013!
Organize everything – Simplify Life