Email can be an effective and efficient way to communicate or it can be a nightmare of wasted time. Here are some ways to leverage email to your advantage.
- Keep your messages short.
- If you don’t need a response, say so in your message.
- Ask yes-or-no questions.
- If you are responding to questions in a long email, use a different color with your answers.
- Unsubscribe to mass mailings.
- Schedule time to answer emails and enforce a time limit on this task.
- Do not open unexpected attachments. They could be spam.
A little frugality in your email use can create new-found time in your day.