Mornings are tough – Too much to do in too little time. But they set the mood for the rest of your day. So how can you make your morning more energizing than draining?
Spend a few minutes each night to set yourself up for success in the morning.
- Make sure items like coats, shoes, keys, purses and cell phones are put away, so they can be found in the morning.
- Keep up with your mail by at least recycling the junk mail and newspapers each evening. Put all important paper in a designated home.
- Put all the clothing you have worn that day away, either in the laundry or back into the closet. Don’t forget to empty pockets of loose change and receipts.
- Tuck away any movies, games, toys and remote controls to tidy up your living space.
- Pack up homework and office work, so the backpacks and briefcases are ready to roll in the morning.
- Clear your kitchen counter of clutter, by quickly putting things away.
None of the clutter-busting tasks takes long. Maybe only a few minutes each. But they will make a big difference in how your mornings roll.