By Basic Organization team member Tracy Wells.
Having trouble parting with some of your more expensive ticket items? Would being paid some cash motivate you to start purging? Below are some suggestions on what you can do with some of your household items that you would like to part with and get paid for.
- Have a yard or garage sale. Place an ad on Craigslist or the local newspaper advertising your garage/yard sale. Also put signs in your neighborhood advertising your sale. Let others come and haul away your stuff.
- Consign it. There are so many consignment stores these days. Furniture consignment stores, book/cd/dvd/video game consignment stores. There are even sporting good consignments stores. Of course there are ladies consignments shops which have clothes, shoes, and household and decorative items.
- If you have a large amount of valuable items to sell due to a downsizing, death, or move then consider having an estate sale.
- Craigslist will allow you to market and sell your stuff for no cost. Take a picture, write a description and post your ad online. It’s that easy!
- eBay and Amazon will help you sell your items to a larger market
- Jewelry consigners. There are many local jewelry stores that will consign your jewelry pieces or you may mail them to others. Be sure to insure the package.
- Don’t forget you can get cash for your gold or silver too.